In January 2016, I filmed some quick family food tips on my facebook page.
The quick gist of these family eating tips covered were:
- Just say “yes!” to getting the kids involved as much as you feasibly can.
- How to set the table with your fussy eater in mind.
- Have a “go-to” 5 minute meal that takes the stress out of dinner time. (My “go-to” recipe is below)
- Have a go! Get the gist of what similar recipes have in common so that you can #backyourself and cook up some simple family foods without the stress. Try new recipes when you have the time.
So! It’s time to keep it quick with this recipe too – just like the tips above.
- 1 pack of noodles (I use soba or rice noodles that are cooked by simply pouring boiling water over them in a bowl)
- 200g of sizzle beef steak cut into very thin strips
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchinis, spiralised or cut into fine batons (which will take longer)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Oil for cooking (peanut or rice bran is recommended)
- Garnish ideas: chopped nuts, sesame seeds, fresh coriander or bean shoots.
- Pour boiling water over your noodles.
- Heat your wok, add some oil and stir fry the beef quickly before adding the sauce and zucchini.
- Toss the cooked and drained noodles through.
- Garnish and serve from the middle of the family dinner table.
What is your quick go-to recipe?
PS. If you love these noodles and want some more great family meal tips and recipes, Goodbye Picky Eating with Simone Emery has lots of video content, 2 bonus eCook books and some of my best information for feeding fussy eaters.