We love this recipe to use up some Brussels Sprouts. See this post on Brussels Sprout play for more ideas about how to engage your children (and fussy partner??) with these morsels of vegetable goodness. This is the other recipe for Brussels sprouts that is a winner in our household.
- 1 cup of grated winter vegetables (eg. ½ a brown onion, 2 brussels sprouts and 1 zucchini)
- 1 egg (or replace the egg using chia seeds)
- ½ cup multigrain breadcrumbs
- 250g beef & pork mince
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- olive oil to sautee in
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180oC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of salt over the vegetables, mix through with your fingers and squeeze the excess moisture from the vegies.
- Sautee the garlic and chopped bacon in olive oil until cooked.
- Mix the vegies, breadcrumbs, sauces, mince, egg and bacon mixture together with your hands and form into balls the size of 20c pieces. Set out on the baking tray and put them in the oven for 30 minutes.
This is the link to my other popular Chicken and Chia meatball recipe – also perfect for kids who may not love whole pieces of meat.