About Play with Food:
Play with Food was established by Simone Emery in 2012. The first classes for preschoolers about fruit and vegetables commenced in February, 2013. Busy parents that have children displaying fussy eating behaviours benefit greatly from the Play with Food classes. The Play with Food signature program, Breaking Down Barriers to Eating Through Play focuses on fussy eating behaviours.
Play with Food offer a range of workshops and programs related to children’s eating experiences. Simone’s unique class concept comes from a passion for running fun children’s activities, her training in feeding therapy and her background in learning and development in the corporate world. The classes aim to be multi-disciplinary and approach children’s feeding from a variety of angles. The point of difference in Simone’s group classes are that they are designed for all children and parents to participate in together.
About Simone Emery:
Simone is a wife and mother to 2 girls. She has a background in food manufacturing and a masters degree in Food studies from the University of Queensland. Whilst on maternity leave in 2012, she studied a certificate in childs nutrition hoping to equip herself with knowledge for her own family. However, it inspired her on a much greater level. In 2013, Simone completed SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Feeding Therapy training and has actively been building a network of strong referral partners including dietitians, speech pathologists and occupational therapists. Simone also writes a blog on her website focusing on family eating. She has written eBooks, co-hosts an eCourse (Happy Mealtimes) and contributes as a guest writer on a range of websites (see below). Simone also works part-time in feeding therapy with a team of OT’s running SOS therapy programs.
- Happy mealtimes eCourse
- Feeding and Parenting Webinars
- Breaking down barriers to eating through play – 4-8 wk program
- Babies and food workshop – continuing solids past first tastes
- Afternoon Tea: The Next Most Important Meal of the Day – eBook
- Healthy Rainbow Kids Party Plan – eBook
- Individual / Skype Play Dates
- Guest speaker
- Product and services review blog posts related to feeding children
- Recipe and feeding information blog
- Please head to the shop for more details OR here for more information on each of Simone’s programs
Reviews of My Products:
My 2015 – Little Opinions – http://www.littleopinions.com.au/blog/how-important-is-afternoon-tea-for-kids
Images: These can be used with reference to the Play with Food website, our services and our products.
eBook Cover: Healthy Rainbow Kids Party Plan
- Twitter Handle: @playwithfood_au
- Instagram: @playwithfood_au
- Facebook Fan Page: facebook.com/playwithfoodaustralia
- Pinterest Profile: pinterest.com/playwithfoodaus