I made this pineapple crumble AND it comes with a printable teacher appreciation card. (Get the card I designed for free on Gift Grapevine. Get all the instructions for making a unique and heartfelt end-of-year teacher / coach / babysitter appreciation gift. We thought it would be a cool idea to wrap the gift up like a pineapple too. See this picture….
To make the gift…
All you will have to do is put the dry ingredients into the jar, buy a tin of crushed pineapple, wrap them in a pineapple fashion and print up the card (which includes the baking instructions.) All your recipient will have to do is have a giggle at the pun-tastic card and have a loaf tin, an oven, 1 egg and 50g of butter.
What teacher isn’t PINE-ing for a holiday at the end of the year?
To try out the pineapple crumble first before you decide that this is the gift you want to give. Here is the full recipe that was inspired by one that I saw over on Allrecipes.com.
- 1 tin of crushed pineapple (440g)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 130g of soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 50g melted butter
- Make your dry mix by combining the 5 dry ingredients above (store in a jar for gift giving or continue with the instructions for making immediately)
- Preheat the oven to a moderate temperature (180oC)
- Drain the pineapple juice and spoon the pinapple into the bottom of a loaf tin.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the egg until it makes a crumb like consistency.
- Spoon that over the pineapple.
- Drizzle the butter all over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold. It would go really well with some vanilla icecream #justsaying
Do you like to give personalised gifts? We gave little bottles of nail polish last year to our day care instructors with gift cards saying “Being my teacher… You nailed it!” Feel free to drop me some links of other inspirational appreciation gift ideas here in the comments!