In January 2016 I hosted some quick family food tips on my facebook page. Here 4 of them are compiled for you! (Runtime: 8:01 plus you don’t have to avidly watch the video – just listening will be ok too if you are busy!)
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/0t9Ei39fhsE” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
The family eating tips covered were:
- Just say “yes!” to getting the kids involved as much as you feasibly can.
- How to set the table with your fussy eater in mind.
- Have a “go-to” 5 minute meal that takes the stress out of dinner time. (Recipe Below)
- Have a go! Get the gist of what similar recipes have in common so that you can #backyourself and cook up some simple family foods without the stress. PS. Try new recipes when you have the time.
- 1 pack of noodles (I use soba or rice noodles that are cooked by simply pouring boiling water over them in a bowl)
- 200g of sizzle beef steak cut into very thin strips
- 1 large (or 2 medium) zucchinis, spiralised or cut into fine batons (which will take longer)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Oil for cooking (peanut or rice bran is recommended)
- Garnish ideas: chopped nuts, sesame seeds, fresh coriander or bean shoots.
- Pour boiling water over your noodles.
- Heat your wok, add some oil and stir fry the beef quickly before adding the sauce and zucchini.
- Toss the cooked and drained noodles through.
- Garnish and serve from the middle of the family dinner table.
PS. If you love these noodles and want some more great family meal tips and recipes, the Happy Mealtimes eCourse has lots of video content, 2 bonus eCook books and some of my best information for feeding fussy eaters.
Last Updated: 8 July 2016